- Consists of a rotor mounted on a bearing and shaft in a housing.
- Fluid passes through housing causing rotor to spin proportionately to the velocity of the flowing fluid
- A device measures the speed of the rotor that detects each time the rotor blade generates a pulse
- The rotational speed of the sensor shaft is proportionate to the volumetric flow rate – the rate of spin is measured to calculate the flow
- Accurate in liquid application
- Accuracy measured in three essentials: repeatability, calibration and application effect
- A fluid moves through a pipe and causes the vanes of the turbine to spin and rotate
- The rate of spin is used to calculate the flow